Photos of JunFen at Wuhan Children's Welfare Institute

We've found our daughter! She's our ONE in a Billion!

We have been matched with a lovely special needs six-year old girl living in Wuhan City in Hubei Province, China! Please understand that we started this journey with the intent to adopt a "non-special needs" 12-month old or younger! If you want to make God laugh - tell Him your plans!!!! We see His perfect Wisdom in prompting us to embrace the delightful 6 -year old JunFen as our daugther! What an incredible gift! Our little daughter, JunFen, has a smile that melts our hearts. She seems so wise, funny and resilient for her young age! She is challenged with congenital scoliosis and has repaired cleft lip & palate. It's obvious her physical challenge is not what defines her when you look at her photos and read a bit about her life.

She was found in a park on September 10, 2001. We believe that her mom placed JunFen in a place where she would quickly be found. JunFen was taken by police to Wuhan City Child Welfare Institution. Her DOB is approximated to be September 1, 2001. She was not able to get adequate nutrition as a babe because of her cleft palate. When she was 10 months old she was placed in a foster home where she received the extra TLC she needed to grow "plump" (our translated letter reads) and to thrive. She is described as talkative, energetic, having rich facial expressions and is independent. We hope that we meet all of her biological mom's dreams for her little girl and then some. We also hope to stay in contact with the dear foster family that has nurtured her so wonderfully.

Other things we know about our JunFen -

Favorite activity: playing outside

Favorite toy: doll

Favorite food: fish

She speaks a Southwestern dialect of Mandarin Chinese. Most likely she speakes a Wuhanese dialect at her foster home.

We are over the moon in love with our girl! God is good - we are overwhelmed with gratitude for the gift of JunFen ("June").

We can't wait to bring her home!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Heading for China! We leave on April 2nd!


Praise God! I heard from my dear social worker today that we will travel on April 2nd to Beijing, the first leg of our trip to JunFen. "Gotcha Day" will be April 7th. At first I had a wrestling match with God over the timing. I was hoping for quicker travel....but guess who won!!! It's all in His perfect timing. (I mess things up, Lord, help me stay out of the way of your perfect plans for our family!!! )

Needless to say, once God won the wrestling match, I am one happy Mama Bear!!! (and Baba Bear is pretty darn happy, too!!!)

3 comments:

The Woodalls said...

Congratulations on your referral! JunFen is beautiful, and I know all three of your lives will be forever enriched by this adoption. What a blessing that she has been in foster care. Our daughter was in an orphanage for over 6 years, and the developmental delays are very evident.
Godspeed on your journey!

Emily Woodall

Suz said...

Sooo happy to read that you are leaving for China and your daughter. Older kid adoption is not for wimps but the blessings are without end. Our 7 year old daughter, home for 18 months, is a wonder. Yes, delays and some tough times, but so much love. I am wishing you more of the good times, an easy transition, and as much love as is possible.
Suzanne

Sharon said...

Congratulations! I have been waiting and waiting for the day I come on and see this post. I can't wait to see pics of you and your beautiful daughter together at last!